Title: The Genetic Code in the Age of Synthetic Biology
Deiter Söll will give a talk on Friday 06 November 2015, from 15:15 to 16:00, at Arrhenius ( Room E306 ).
Welcome to ABC – AstroBiology Centre
In February 2011 it was decided to extend the activities in astrobiology by creating a Stockhom University Astrobiology Centre. Although the research training activities will continue, the scope of the centre will encompass multidisciplinary science projects, outreach activities and co-operation with other astrobiology institutions. Monthly seminars and journal clubs complemented the programme. Furthermore, one planning meeting was held every year to plan and discuss new cross-disciplinary research projects. Funding has been secured for 5 Graduate Students and 4 post-docs during the next 4 years. This interdisciplinary and virtual centre will be carrying on the activities of the Graduate School on a broader and larger scale. The tasks of SU-ABC are:
- to perform multidiscipliny research in astrobiology at Stockholm University
- to identify and plan new cross-disciplinary research projects in the area
- to train the next generation of astrobiologists
- to disseminate knowledge of astronomy in the society
- to cooperate with leading astrobiology institutions
The new paper on methane and astrobiology has just been published with open access:
Astrobiology 15 (7). doi: 10.1089/ast.2014.1188.